Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Week 1 (Your name is Piggy LOTF)First entree


Chapter. 1 pg 9-12
It was a little while after I woke up after the crash and the first person I meet is a fat boy near a lagoon who asked my name. I replied by saying "Ralph" I walked towards the lagoon and fat boy says "I expect there's a lot more of us scattered about. You haven't seen any others, have you?" I shook my head in response as I continued down the side of the lagoon I increased my speed, but immediately came face to face with the ground I had tripped due to branch. I heard the rush in steps of the person behind and with it came heavy breathing "My auntie told me not to run," he explained, "on account of my asthma." I didn't even have to say anything but he knew what I was going to say, I was going to ask him how he did it but instead what came to words was "Ass-mar?". "That's right. Can't catch my breath. I was the only boy in our school who had asthma," The fat boy said to me as if he was prideful about having asthma. "And I've been wearing specs since I was three" to prove this he took off his specs and handed them off to me I thought he wanted me to wear them, but it was to bring out his windbreaker he blinked and smiled while he was clearing off his glasses. 

That smile turned into pain and that pain only added to his concentration, after he was done he cleared off the sweat from his cheeks and put his glasses on. Fat boy as if out of breath and forgetting how words worked he said "Them fruit." He pointed around the scar "them fruit," "I expect-" fat boy like a walrus moved away from me and layed onto some foliage. "I'll be out again in a minute-" after hearing those words I began to sprint through the branches of the jungle and I could hear the sounds of heavy grunting behind me I knew that fat boy was following me. I didn't care though since I was getting closer to the lagoon, I was fit by the sounds of water hitting the collection of glistening rocks and I saw the jungle disappear the further it reached the water. All I knew was the only thing that was in the way of feeling the sand was my elevated height on the terrace. I jumped down the terrace and immediately felt the weight of the heat and the gravity of the clothes I was wearing. I felt like I was wearing 5 pounds of feathers to get rid of this feeling I had taken off my clothes, even though I am 12 and a few months old I had felt like a child with nothing holding myself back. Before I knew it I was running in my boxers covering myself in sand then basking in the sun. 

I looked at the right and saw fat boy next to me removing his pants "I expect we'll want to know their names and make a list. We ought to have a meeting" said, fat boy, I didn't know what he was trying to say so I made no attempt to answer fat boy continued "I don't care what they call me, as long as they don't call me what they used at school" fat boy said in a sad tone. I, on the other hand, didn't care for his expressions I just wanted to satiate my curiosity by saying "What was that?" fat boy didn't waste time for hesitation he leaned in and spoke in my ear "They used to call me Piggy." Upon hearing the name I was laughing like the sun had made me delirious and in that state, I was shouting "Piggy! Piggy!" "Ralph-please! I said I didn't want-" "Piggy! Piggy!" I was not listening to a word that Piggy said, but I was in a childish mood and shot Piggy in the process of being a fighter-plane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

first Weekend (Aftermath of the 2nd conch meeting) last entree

 Chapter 5 pg 132-133 It was after the second conch meeting and everything is falling apart how are we supposed to survive on this isla...