Monday, February 10, 2020

first Weekend (Aftermath of the 2nd conch meeting) last entree

 Chapter 5 pg 132-133
It was after the second conch meeting and everything is falling apart how are we supposed to survive on this island if we can't even form a straight line. "Fat lot of good we are, three blind mice. I'll give up" when hearing those come out of my mouth Piggy asked me "If you give up, what 'ud  happen to me?" "Nothing," I said but Piggy had made a reason to why "He hates me. I dunno why. If he could do all he wanted-you're all right, he respects you. Besides- you'd hit him" "you were just having a nice fight with him right now" I interrupted "I had the conch, I had the right to speak" Piggy explained then a voice in the area had shared their own opinion "Go on being Chief." "Shut up, young Simon! Why couldn't you say there wasn't a beast?" "I'm scared of him, and that's why I know him. If you're scared of someone you hate him but you can't stop thinking about him. You kid yourself he's all right really, an' then when you see him again; it's like asthma an' you can't breathe. I tell you what. He hates you too, Ralph—" Said Piggy 

"Why " I asked  "I dunno. You got him over the fire; an' you're chief an' he isn't." "But he's, Jack Merridew!" "I've been in bed so much I have done some thinking and I know about people and I know about myself. Even about Jack and I know that the time you back off he will try to hurt me since he can't hurt you" I saw Piggy in a state of almost experiencing an earthquake as he was practically saying that I have to stand my ground as the leader. In the back, Simon said "Piggy's right, Ralph. There's you and Jack. Go on being chief." "We're all drifting and things are getting rotten."

No comments:

Post a Comment

first Weekend (Aftermath of the 2nd conch meeting) last entree

 Chapter 5 pg 132-133 It was after the second conch meeting and everything is falling apart how are we supposed to survive on this isla...