Monday, February 10, 2020

Week 1 (The pig fight) Third entree








Chapter 4 pg 97-99
I got over the hill when I saw the scene I was furious since I saw Jack and the rest of the group were yelling and screaming in harmony as the twins were carrying a pig. Jack with his face covered in clay saw me and was the first to the top of the hill he came up to me happy with his spear lifted. "Look! We've killed a pig-we stole up on him-we got in a circle-" and joining in the conversation other voices came "We got in a circle-" "We crept up-" "The pig squealed-" The twins came up with the pig and Jack unable to contain his excitement was hopping and moving, trying to regain his composure but he couldn't stop himself from grinning. He noticed the blood on his hands and quickly wanted to clean them but all he could use was his shorts. In a stern tone, I said: "You let the fire out " It seemed like Jack didn't know what I was talking about but he didn't let it affect his moment of fun. "We can just light the fire again. You should've been with us, Ralph. We had a smashing time. the twins got knocked over-" "we hit the pig-" "-I fell on top-" "I cut the pig's throat," Jack said but had a little twitched as he said it.

He continued "Can I borrow yours, Ralph, to make a nick in the hilt?" Upon hearing that the boys were dancing and talking, the twins still had a grin on their faces. "There was lashings of blood," Jack still laughing and struggling to get the words out "you should've seen it" "We'll go hunting every day-" I spoke again "You let the fire out." I could tell that Jack was hearing me and that he was feeling uncomfortable since he looked at the twins when I said it the second time "We had to have them in the hunt, or there wouldn't have been enough to make a ring." Jack was feeling bad about this, I also know what he had done was wrong. "The fire's only been out an hour or two. We can light it up again-" it was a little bit until when Jack had said something while his arms were open "You should have seen the blood!" when I heard those words I knew that I wasn't getting anywhere with him so in one move I pointed my arm towards the horizon and said: "There was a ship". Upon hearing those words Jack went to the pig and took his knife but I wasn't going to let him take his eyes off the situation "There was a ship. Out there. You said you'd keep the fire going and you let it out!" I took a set in front of Jack and told him in a way where he would clearly understand how I'm feeling "They might have seen us. We might have gone home-"

In the back, I heard Piggy begin to cry out "You and your blood, Jack Merridew! You and your hunting! We might have gone home-" I pushed Piggy to aside and looked back and said "I was chief, and you were going to do what I said. You talk. But you can't even build huts-then you go hunting and let out the fire" "There was a ship-" I said as I walked back to the camp I could hear the wails of a littlun hunter and Jack hacking away at the pig, and even the words under his breath "The Job was too much. We need everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

first Weekend (Aftermath of the 2nd conch meeting) last entree

 Chapter 5 pg 132-133 It was after the second conch meeting and everything is falling apart how are we supposed to survive on this isla...