Sunday, February 9, 2020

Week 1 (The Conch meeting) Second entree

Chapter 1 pg 28-32
It was the time the group had been united and the boys are already beginning to complain "Seems we ought to have a chief to decide things." I said holding the conch in the air "A chief! A chief!" one of the voices shouted "I ought to be the Chief," Jack continued "because I'm chapter chorister and head boy. I can sing C sharp." It was then that another boy named Roger who had interrupted Jack's steadfast system to become the leader the dark boy said: " let's have a vote." "yes!" shouted another voice "vote for chief!" "Lets vote-" the boys shouted in the agreement of each other. Only two of the people weren't happy those two were Jack and Piggy, both thinking that Jack should be the leader. But it was I who the group wanted to be the chief not for my looks or experience, not even cause anyone knows me I knew that it was cause of the conch. "Him with the shell." "Ralph! Ralph!" "Let him be the chief with the trumpet-thing." I raised a hand and asked "All right. Who wants Jack for chief?" The choir boys raised their hands as if calling for a roll call I continue "Who wants me?" The rest of the group raised their hands, Piggy raised his hand after seeing that he was surrounded by a forest of hands. I counted the hands and holding my composure I said: "I'm chief then." altogether the group including the choir boys were giving me applause with Jack standing and also giving his congrats, he later sat down. 

I felt bad for Jack and in the heat of the moment I gave something back "the choir belongs to you of course." "They could be the army-" "Or hunters-" "they could be-" I saw the life in Jack's face came back and put my hand up to announce "Jack's in charge of the choir. They can be-what do you want them to be?" Jack gave a quick response "Hunters." I smiled at Jack and he smiled back at me. Jack stood up and gave an order "All right, choir. Take off your tongs" The choir boys followed Jack's orders swiftly and put them into a pile. Jack took his off near the stump, I saw how wet his shorts were, Jack had noticed my staring and told me "I tried to get over that hill to see if there was water all around. But your shell called us. When I heard the explanation I had chuckled a little bit, and held the conch up high so the group would listen to me "Listen, everybody. I've got to have time to think things out. I can't decide what to do straight off. if this isn't an island we might be rescued straight away. So we got to decide if this is an island. Everyone must stay around here and wait and not go away. Three of us-if we take more we'd get all mixed, and lose each other- three of us will go on an expedition and find out. I'll go, and Jack, and. . ." I looked around for a boy that could join us and become a person I could rely on "and Simon". When I mentioned his name the boys around him giggled due to his small stature, but still came up and said: "I'll come." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

first Weekend (Aftermath of the 2nd conch meeting) last entree

 Chapter 5 pg 132-133 It was after the second conch meeting and everything is falling apart how are we supposed to survive on this isla...